Franklin County Treasurer

39 West Oneida
Preston, ID  83263
208-852-1094 (fax)

  Janet Kimpton
  Appointed:  January 11, 2016                             Voter Approved Fund Tracker

Chief Deputy Clerk
   Janine Balls
The job of the Franklin County Treasurer/Tax Collector is an elected position whose responsibilities include: Collecting and accounting for the property taxes assessed by the county and the other taxing districts, investing county funds, and serving as personal respresentative for the estates of deceased persons when no relative is able or willing to serve as administrator.

Please be aware of the deadlines and important dates for payments, applications for property tax relief and assessment appeals.

December 20      Last day to pay current year full tax payments or first half tax payments without late charge and interest.  June                                           reminders are not sent out.  If current year is not paid in full, keep your second half payment stub as your reminder and                             mark your calendar.

January 2            First day to apply for current year Homeowner's Exemption or Property Tax Exemption.

April 15                Last day to apply for current year Homeowner's Exemption or Property Tax Exemption.

June 20               Last day to pay current year second half tax payments without a late charge and interest, Calculated from January 1.                                 (Not June 21st)

Failure to receive a tax bill does not excuse the tax payer of the tax, late charge or interest liability.  Proof of payment is the responsibility of the tax payers.  (Idaho Code 63-1306(2).  Be sure to keep accurate records, receipts and cancelled checks documenting your payment.

Visit our Office to pay with cash, personal check, bank check, money order or debit/credit card (2.5% convenience fee applies).

Online eCheck is an option for electronic payment with a $1.00 convenience fee.  Just click the PAY YOUR TAXES NOW tab below.

COUNTY EXCESS FUNDS -- Idaho Code 31-808
Please be aware that Idaho law changed on July 1, 2016 requiring Idaho Counties to submit any tax deed excess funds to the Idaho State Treasurer's unclaimed property department in Boise.  Please contact them for excess fund information.  Also be aware that you will need to provide documentation for a claim.

Share by: